Introduction to Programming with PictoBlox
This course is a part of STEMpedia Starter Package, an all-in-one interactive platform.
About this course
Today, children around the world have access to laptops, desktops, and smartphones. Knowing that future is becoming synonymous with technology, it is important that our young minds become active consumers, and contribute to technology in the right manner, instead of staying mere passive users.
This course, second in the series entitled The STEM Safari, takes children on an exciting journey through the world of programming. It will efficiently guide them through the basics step by step, making them capable of writing codes on their own by the time it gets over.
For taking this course, it is a must to have (apart from enthusiasm):
- Arduino IDE
- evive Starter Kit
Who is this course for?
This course is for all young minds who wish to become familiar with programming and write their own mind-blowing codes.
What you'll learn?
- What is programming
- Scratch programming and its various elements
- What is conditional programming
- How to interface evive with Scratch
- How to make different games and animations
Get a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gained
- Interfacing evive with PictoBlox
- Getting Digital Output from evive
- Activity 3.1: Make it glow!
- Getting Analog Output from evive
- Activity 3.2: Make it glow as bright as you want!
- Digital and Analog Input
- Activity 3.3: evive's Torch
- Controlling Motors and Servos with evive
- Controlling evive's TFT Display
- Activity 3.4: evive tells the time
- Game 1: Shoot the Bat - Overview
- 1.1: Setting up the Scene
- 1.2: Birth, Death, and the In Between - The Magic of Randomness
- 1.3: Creating the Aim Sprite
- 1.4: Controlling the Aim Sprite using Joystick
- 1.5: Timing the Game and Showing Your Expertise
- 1.6: Conclusion and Comin' Up Next
- Game 2: Dodge - Overview
- 2.1: Bringing in the Protagonist and Defining his Moves
- 2.2: Making the Running, Jumping and Sliding Scripts Interact
- 2.3: Plane Script
- 2.4: Ball Script
- 2.5: Bringing in the Obstacles Randomly
- 2.6: Game Over!
- 2.7: Conclusion
We are launching the course with STEMpedia Starter Package
evive Starter Kit | Programming Software | Project-Making App | Premium Online Courses
YOU’RE NOT GOING TO WANT TO MISS OUT ON THIS!
Basics of Programming